Anton Bykova
 Posted: Jan 4 2015, 05:10 PM
The world runs on Power
JJeh is currently Offline
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

Anton could not be considered a sociable man. At least not in the way that most people were considered social. He did not hide himself away from the world, nor would one ever call him a wallflower either, but even when he was in a room full of people he gave off the distinct sense of being alone. Not to be mistaken with feeling lonely. Anton never felt lonely, nor did he give the impression to anyone that was in fact lonely. He certainly was alone though. He did not need people, and he made it very clear in the way that he held himself, the way that he talked, and in this case, in the very way that he walked down the street.

Head held high, and hands casually placed in his pockets Anton managed to separate himself from everyone that he walked passed by giving the distinct air that he thought himself better than them. At any given moment, in any location Anton always thought himself the best being in the room. Whether it was true or not did not matter - not to him and not to his motto in life. The only way that you were ever going to become the best in the room was by believing that you were. If he wasn't the best when he walked in, he was certainly going to be the best when he left. More often then not that was what he was there for.

Today however he wasn't "there" for anything. I a rare moment of leasure, Anton was doing nothing but seeing what kind of amusement he could find. He was having a 'lazy day' as some might call it. That being said, not only would Anton never stoop to that level but he was also not being lazy in the true sense of the word. Just because he had no agenda at the moment did not mean that he was not on the look out for one. Something that made itself painfully clear when he spotted a figure across the street and a slow smirk crossed his face. "You!" He called, purposely attempting to be startling, "What do you think you're doing?"

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Afonka Alkaev
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 07:48 PM
if you're going through hell, keep going
Savvy is currently Offline
Quidditch Chaser
(Officially) Single
Pro
Group Icon

good
old
Fonny
if you're hearing this, I must've made it through
His reasoning for being in Zherdev Alley was simple. He'd needed a change of scenery. Afonka loved Reznov to pieces, but the tiny town could at times be suffocating. Everyone knew everyone, and getting a chance to be alone was not an easy thing to do. Becoming a player on a relatively famous Quidditch team didn't help.

Everyone always wanted to know how the team was doing, who they were playing next, and whether or not he thought they'd make the playoffs (the last one was always asked in jest. The first time he'd been asked that though, it hadn't quite hit him that Mrs. Garin had been joking and he'd just stared blankly at her before saying that of course he thought they'd make it). It was the same problem in Moscow. People recognized him now and it made it much harder to do things in Wizarding Russia. It was a little easier in Azorat, but he hadn't wanted to go to Azorat.

So he'd stayed in Wizarding Russia. His solution to navigating through Zherdev Alley was to pull a hat over his head as if it was his hair that made him famous (but wasn't it his Quidditch skills, not his face that made him famous anyway?) and to try and seem as unassuming as possible as he peered into the windows of the stores he passed. Obviously, it didn't work.

Snapping his head in the direction of the voice, Afonka's eyes widened as his gaze fell on the man. Anton Bykova.

The Head Auror.

Anton Bykova was talking to him.

"I didn't do anything," he squeaked out before he could stop himself, jerkily bringing his hands up above his head. "I'm innocent. I - I didn't do anything. I'm just shopping." Afonka nodded quickly, inclining his head in the direction of the store window beside him. Then he paused to peer into the store, a look of relief colouring his face at the store selling nothing more than potions ingredients. When he looked back towards the Head Auror, the Quidditch player had paled again. "Really, I didn't do anything."

PM
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Jan 16 2015, 06:42 PM
The world runs on Power
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

The boys reaction made him laugh. Not that he showed it externally. His expression was still as stern as it had been when he decided to call attention to him, but in his head he was extremely pleased with the effect his random attack had gotten. There was a hint of this amusement in the gleam in his eyes, though this boy did not know Anton enough to spy it, and even if he did he would not have had the composure in this moment to distinguish such a tiny thing.

When he had first spotted the boy, harmlessly minding his own business further up the street, Anton had merely thought that this would be a good moment to make a scene. He would yell a bit, startle the person in question but they would soon realize there was nothing he could actually use against him in this moment, and Anton would go on his way, content with the knowledge that he had at least reminded someone of the power the he held. This however promised to give him more entertainment than a merely one moment startle.

"Have you not heard the saying "He doth protest too much?"" Anton arched an eyebrow at the boy, feeling his own amusement increase at this whole thing. Stopping in front of him, Anton folded his arms in front of him and pulled himself to his full height - better to remind people that he was in charge and they were going to have to listen to him. "What's your name?"

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Afonka Alkaev
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 08:20 PM
Quidditch Chaser
(Officially) Single
Pro
Group Icon

good
old
Fonny
He gulped. Merlin, he hadn't done anything to deserve this. He really should've just decided to go to Azorat instead of Zherdev Alley, but for all he knew, he'd wind up face to face with the Minister of Magic and have him yell at him instead. Afonka folded in on himself as the Head Auror moved closer in an unconscious attempt to make himself smaller. He just wanted to disappear. Life would be so much easier if he could just disappear.

The thought of apparition flitted across his mind before he rejected it. That would look worse. He hadn't done anything, after all. Mouth dry, he licked his lips as he struggled to come up with something to say. Now was not the time for his mind to go completely blank.

"Afonka. Afonka Alkaev." he croaked out finally. At least he remembered his name. He was so glad that no one he knew him was here. He knew for a fact that if Ciar was here, she'd be so disappointed in him. In fact, he wouldn't be surprised if she tried to hit him. She would've told him that all the time he'd spent in the mafia - which he really preferred to pretend had never happened -- had been for nothing.

But it wasn't as if there was anything he could do. This was the Head Auror. Afonka had a number of goals. High on the list today was not ending up in Azkaban. So really, he rationalized, the best thing was to do at a time like this was to go along with it.

"But - But - I really didn't do anything, Mr. Bykova. It's an honest mistake - not that I'm saying you made a mistake -" his voice rose an octave in sheer horror in realization as to how his words sounded, "I - I just wasn't doing anything wrong. Honestly."

PM
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Jan 21 2015, 11:28 AM
The world runs on Power
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

Anton was wasting time between responses. He had found in his course of his life that the longer you made people wait for a response the more nervous that they got. It did not matter what the conversation was on - it could have been as simple as a discussion over what one was having for dinner - but if you made them wait for the response that they felt they should have gotten immediately anxiety would almost always settle over them. And that was something that Anton enjoyed having in the people that he was conversing with. When the other person was in discomfort they could not think straight meaning that you would always have the upper hand. Anton did not get where he was today without being sure that he had the upper hand in all situations.

"Alkeav." He said the name slowly, toying with it, experimenting with the way that it tasted on his lips. He came to the conclusion that if nothing else it was a rather fun name to say - of course the point of his game had not been to conclude that but to make the boy think that he knew something about him when in fact he had never heard the name before in his life. " Interesting."

Putting up his hand he began to play with his finger nails, picking at them slightly as he feigned disinterest, which was yet another thing that made people uncomfortable. Becoming overly causal about something that you had formally been quite intimating about merely confused people - they weren't sure what to expect from you and therefore they did not know how to act themselves.

"If you are so convinced you were doing nothing wrong, then you will have no trouble telling me what exactly it is you were doing?"

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Afonka Alkaev
 Posted: Jan 25 2015, 09:18 PM
Quidditch Chaser
(Officially) Single
Pro
Group Icon

la
la
la
For a horrified moment, the idea that Anton Bykova knew crossed his mind. He was, after all, the Head Auror. It was a complete total possibility that he knew about his paternal family's connections with unsavoury people. Anton Bykova's connections probably had connections. Afonka doubted that he was all-knowing, but weren't these the sort of things a Head Auror was supposed to know? It hadn't been all that long ago that the mafia had had a presence before it had all but vanished and left him alone.

The Ministry might be more focused on going after people who hadn't done anything, but he wouldn't put it past the Ministry to know these sort of things.

But if he did know, wouldn't he have recognized him? He'd needed to introduce himself before the Head Auror had known who he was. And Alkaev wasn't a completely uncommon surname. Admittedly, he couldn't name a single person with the name outside of his immediate family, but there had to be other people out there. There was no reason anyone needed to connect those Alkaevs with him, even though the connection was completely true.

"Nothing - well, I mean I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. Just - you know, walking down Zherdev Alley, looking in store windows. Breathing -" He cut off, swallowing hard. "I - I really am breathing. And I need to breathe and my heart even beats and I don't turn into a wolf on the full moon - or any other night, actually." He took a deep breath. "I'm just a completely normal person going shopping. Honestly."

PM
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 07:16 PM
The world runs on Power
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

Everyone has their secrets. It was a fact about the world that could never be escaped no matter how truthful people thought they were. There was always something about themselves that people wanted to hide, and it was those things that made it so easy to cause people to feel discomfort simply by behaving as if you knew something. If one did not believe this, then he or she could go and try it for themselves. No matter who you walked up to, if you [persist in behaving as if you knew they had done something wrong then their mind and conscious would eventually stumble upon the one wrong thing they did not want people to know.

And of course they would being to worry that you know. Once someone starts worrying that you know their secret, it is not long before you become able to solve the riddle. Worry was a weakness, just like.... well so many things.

"You see," Anton stated slowly, gaze moving over the young man, focusing on each and every nervous fidget that has now appeared, "there is nothing ordinary about a young man just "shopping". You are always up to something, whether you realize it or not. So the harder you try to convince me and yourself that you're innocent, the more you make it seem as if you are attempting to hide something."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Afonka Alkaev
 Posted: Feb 11 2015, 07:45 AM
Quidditch Chaser
(Officially) Single
Pro
Group Icon

la
la
la
"But I'm really not up to anything." He gave his head a quick shake. "Honestly." Since when was shopping suspicious? Had the Ministry decided that it was something awful now too? He narrowed his eyes slightly at the thought. But ... that wouldn't make any sense. Ministry officials still needed to eat and buy clothes like the rest of them. Then again, did their treatment of creatures make all that much sense either?

Afonka took a shuffled step back. "You're just ... intimidating. Most people probably would act suspiciously around you even if they were doing nothing wrong." He nodded a few times. He was sure most of the people he knew would ... except for a list of people who were more confident than him and people like Lora who already knew the Head Auror and so wouldn't have as much of a reason to act the way he was.

"So - So maybe I was thinking of getting something for my sister or my mom, but that's not really being 'up to anything'. Shopping's just ... shopping." The man shrugged his shoulders weakly, taking another half step back and wishing he could just disappear.

PM
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Feb 11 2015, 04:00 PM
The world runs on Power
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

"Me? Intimidating?" Anton pretend to be surprised by these words even though he knew that he was intimidating, and worked very hard to be so on most days. He liked to think he had mastered the art of being threatening without actually ever uttering a threat. In fact, he thought he was rather pleasant person, at least when you just looked at the words that he said, and paid no attention to the tone in which he spoke them, he was a rather pleasant person. The fear that everyone felt around him, or at least suspicion came solely from the way that he held himself, and the way that others interpreted that. It was rather fun to watch people do this, if Anton was being perfectly honest. "I'm just a man, no more or less threatening than any other man. If people are merely afraid of me because of my job, I would have to think that a lot of people believe that they have something to hide. After all why be afraid of me if you haven't done anything wrong. I have no power if you haven't done anything wrong, do I?"

This was a perfect example of the way that Anton liked to operate. On the surface these words sounded like things that should have been a comfort to anyone who was listening, and yet they weren't. There was a away that he said them, a certain expression on his face as she shot the words that the boy across from him that said that just because there shouldn't be a reason to be afraid of him, you should be afraid anyway. That was the way that Anton liked things to be.

He gave the boy another long look before finally deciding to give up on his game for the moment. This Afonka was right, he had been doing nothing and therefore he cold not actually do anything to him - legally that is. Anton wasn't really ready to risk his rather decent reputation just on a game, that was foolish. One day he may go about doing somethings that are not entirely legal, but that day would be one in which it actually meant something. "You have a point. As you were then... though don't forget. I'll be watching."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPGD Topsites RPG-D the Greater Good
skinned by lauz of shine and candyland couture.