Kamilla Prince
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 10:33 PM
Anything you can do I can do better
Karma is currently Offline
Professioal Quiddich Beater
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Kamilla Prince was afraid of a meager few people on this earth. One of them happened to be the Charms Professor she'd had back at Hogwarts, another having been her mother when she was wearing her "impending disappointment" face. Besides those two, she had found herself almost completely unafraid of any person that tried to threaten her, and instead found their belief in their own horrifying image of themselves in their silly little heads quite comical. This was why when she was threatened by someone who outranked her when her questions about the true story of her brother's torture - not that she had phrased it quite like that - she had simply thrown her head back and laughed.

Her curled had fallen back and bounced gleefully, and she had left that man on the ground, his face full of pus-filled boils that were hot to the touch and his tongue engorged. That was what he got for calling Parker 'just another test subject', and telling her to get over it. Who did he think he was?

She had hunted down each and every scientist there was in Headquarters that day, finally coming to a stop at one named Dr. Stark. The woman had been helpful, pulling her discreetly aside and speaking quickly and efficiently about the disappearance of the doctor in charge of that particular project. As of now, the woman had stated, the test subject was missing, and they didn't quite know what to do about it than have the media department take care of it. If the subject were to point fingers and speak out, she was assured, the Sons would say that the woman had acted out on her own, and it wasn't their job to keep every member under their thumb. This was, as far as Dr Stark knew, standard procedure. They'd had to do it before, and the fact that the woman was probably dead made everything much easier in the long run.

Kam had left feeling rather sick to her stomach. The way the other woman spoke made it seem that not only was Parker's case out of the ordinary, but that sometimes they really did get away, and there was really nothing to be done but get more test subjects. There was nothing more she could do but try and feel better about it until she was powerful enough to change it. She would run the SOG someday, and then all those sick practices would be put to rest.

Now, she was in her favorite hunting spot, dressed to kill with make up to match, idly sitting at the bar. It took only a few moments between her sitting and taking off her pea coat to get a drink sent her way by one of the males in the room. Her gaze swept the tavern once in a bored sort of interest before she took a sip of the offered drink, liking the way it burned on the way down.

Marvelous.

What she needed, she decided, quite determinedly, was a distraction. And what was a better distraction than a man?

Kamilla Prince
PMEmail
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 07:31 PM
The world runs on Power
JJeh is currently Offline
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

Information.

There was nothing in this world that Anton enjoyed more than gaining, and hording information. Information, secrets, facts... he was a collector of all things about other people, and there was no better place to get it than in a bar. Not only was alcohol a natural lubricant for a particularly rusty and stubborn secret, but in his life he has found that the people who frequented bars often wanted to be heard. Many of them would not admit it - they would hide in their corner and mask their longing with a surly nature, but people who drank in public were tired of being alone, and people who were tired of being alone were just dying to tell you anything to make you stay.

After all misery loves company, and there is no better way to keep company around than cast a spell with your broken and damage soul.

This of course was the reason that he want to bars at any point in time. Drinking was not something that had ever really interested Anton - it only made you sloppy - and he certainly was never going to share his own secrets with anyone. For much of the same reason. He could not be the one in control if he was the one begging people for attention now could he? No, he went to bar for information, and perhaps a little bit of entertainment. There was always a pleasure in being the only sober person in the room, if you could of course remove the petty pouting impulse to complain about the fact that you weren't drunk.

That of course was what he was doing when his gaze caught on a familiar head, and a vague idea began to run across his brain. Moving across the room, he held up his hand signaling wordlessly for his usual before he turned to the girl, no woman, with a careless smirk.

"Rough night, sweetheart?"

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Kamilla Prince
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 09:10 PM
Single
Pro
Group Icon

It was funny how the universe worked. You asked for some rain to match your mood, you got sunshine and a better mood instead. You dressed nice and decided you wanted a man, and one was provided. Even if it wasn't one she'd particularly thought about. She had always been that sort of girl, the one that was more reactionary than actionary.

Her blonde hair had been in ringlets before, but now the curls had fallen, leaving her hair mussed in the sort of way stylists always attempted to try and most women failed at on their own. The accidental sexiness was part of Kam's charm, as usual, the only reason it had worked on her was because she wasn't thinking about it. The photographers had always spoken about that quality, praised the way she looked when she wasn't thinking about the cameras or anything.

She had asked the universe for a man, and had been provided with a spectacular specimen. Kam's eyes had already summed him up, sliding effortlessly from his shoulders to his feet and back, lingering on the parts that interested her, before flicking her eyes to his and giving a smirk.

"Rough life, really." She offered, easily enough, even as the bartender placed yet another free drink to the rather impressive group of them all. "What about you, Mister Minister?" She asked, her gaze going low lidded as she regarded him again. "Having a nice night, so far?"

Kamilla Prince
PMEmail
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 01:51 PM
The world runs on Power
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

"Come now, you can't tell me being a star quidditch player was truly a rough life?" Anton shot her a glance raising an eyebrow at her as if this was a challenge, though what he was challenging her was entirely unclear. The obvious answer would be that it was the words alone - He was fully convinced that what she was hyperbole in perhaps not the greatest proportion but hyperbole none the less. There was an undertone to the whole thing though that also said "I know something about you, now what do you know about me?". Anton was of course aware knowing about her former celebrity status was no different than just about everyone knowing that he was the Head of the Auror department, but all of this was just a little game to Anton. And he so loved his games.

Barely glancing at the man behind the bar who brought him his drink, he picked up and took a long slow sip before he turned his attentions back to the woman at his side, "I can't say that I have any complaints, thus far. In fact, I might even say that it turned rather promising as of a few moments ago. Though that might just me feeling the moment and becoming a shameless flirt. Disgusting habit of mine, isn't it?"

Laughing to no one in particular, Anton set his glass back on the bar again and turned so that he could rest his elbows on the flat surface, and press his back into the sharp edge that it provided. His gaze moved lazily over the crowd of people, before it glanced back to the growing pile of drinks in front of her.

"It seems that someone is getting their fair share of attention tonight. Just how many of these gentleman have put a little gusto into their bribes for your attention? Have any of them actually gotten up the nerve to come chat?"

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Kamilla Prince
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 02:14 PM
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Kam's eyes rolled heavenward, and she gave a slight laugh. "Well, perhaps not on it's own, but being a model as well really doesn't leave much time for anything else." Her eyes roamed over her steadily growing pile of drinks, trying to figure if any of them were worth it. "I doubt it's as rough as being future-Minister, or whatever you actually do." She raised an eyebrow back at him, recognizing his game pretty quickly. He knew that, and she knew this. Truth be told, Kamilla hadn't found much that interesting about the man across from her upon their first meeting, besides the fact that the information he was discussing was something well above her paygrade, and may have in some form lead to Parker. She had never actually went to look into who he was or what he did.

But now Parker was home, and he had every right to hate her, so the man beside her offered something else.

A hand found its way though her blonde hair, mussing it up even more if that were even possible. "Just a few moment ago, you say?" She asked, a small smirk playing on the edge of her lips. "You don't say? That's when my night started to look better as well. Perhaps it's simply a fluke?" Her lips pushed out into a pout. "Perhaps shameless flirting is contagious, hmm?"

At his words, she looked back at the still growing pile, rolling her eyes. "Not a single one." She said, waving her hand at the glasses. "Usually, they skulk about in the shadows until I pick one, and then, if it seems I like it, the chosen one descends upon me like a bat out of hell. It's quite amusing to watch, really." Her eyes slid across the room, causing a slight stur as her gaze landed on one man, then another, each looking a bit too eager to have caught her gaze before she'd moved on. "Kind of boring, isn't it? Can't even come up and talk to a lady. How do I know if their banter will be up to par?"

Kamilla Prince
PMEmail
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 09:25 PM
The world runs on Power
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

"If you did not want to do it, then why did you continue to do so?" Anton asked, his voice innocent without actually being so. No one could actually call anything that Anton ever did "Innocent" in a pure sense of the word, though at least in this instant there was something about the question that he asked that did not seem to be holding anything else. It was just a genuine point that was being made, "I do what I want. I do not like to call anything that I want to do rough - if it was rough then why would I waste my time doing it?"

He never understood people who did things that they did not want to do; people who complained about the way that their lives had become where rather pathetic in Anton's eyes because it is their own life therefore the only person that was responsible for what they did was... well them. So what used did whining do? If you wanted to fix things, then you better start doing things yourself, rather than behaving like a helpless child.

He gave her an appreciative glance before returning his gaze to the room at large, "Most definitely a fluke, though I have always been of the mind that one should not let a fluke go to waste - after all it is just a free opportunity waiting to be grabbed."

Following her gaze, he glanced at all the men who were eagerly awaiting this choice of hers. Those that seemed so excited to have earned Kamilla's gaze were not so thrilled to see himself looking. Well wasn't that just rude.

"In my experience, men who try to allow something as useless as a drink to do their talking for them do not have any idea how to even being to banter."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Kamilla Prince
 Posted: Feb 11 2015, 01:38 AM
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Til We're Saints
"I didn't." She pointed out, rolling her eyes. "I'm not doing it anymore, unless I get bored." Kam gave a small frown, before raising an eyebrow. "I do enjoy doing it sometimes, but the repetition of a job is sometimes more bothersome than the job itself." She figured he understood that, at least. There couldn't be that much variety in ministry work, when one was in the office, that was. It was most likely all reports.

"Have there been many advantageous flukes, lately?" The blonde asked, curious. As far as she was concerned, most things left to chance went wrong somehow, but she supposed that was all in your point of view. It was hard to have something go wrong if there was no "right" to compare it to. "Most of my flukes have ended up boring." she complained, almost petulantly, though it was almost clear that she could see this going quite the same way. She would never say it out loud, but the way she regarded the pile of drinks showed her distaste.

She needed a distraction, and while Anton seemed quite the specimen, there was no guarantee that he'd be even worth it.

Giving a sigh, Kam flicked her hair over her shoulder and waved for the bartender. "I'll have what he's having." She decided, gesturing to Anton. Out of her options, she supposed he would be best at banter, if their conversations were anything to go by. Honestly, Kam was beginning to wonder if her search for a man-friend was just a need for a different sort of broomstick to ride.

"Do you make a regular habit of being right about most people?"

Just Swimming in our Sins, Again
PMEmail
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Feb 11 2015, 04:12 PM
The world runs on Power
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

Anton gave a slight movement of his head in response to her assumption that he understood what it was like to have a job that got repetitive. The movement was neither a confirmation or a objection, it was just an acknowledgement. He had heard the statement, and yet he did not have a strong opinion either way - that at least was what the movement seemed to say. "It's all a means to an end."

"Always," the man replied to her question about flukes without batting an eye. She thought that he was just speaking about romantic flukes, thought that he was just continuing his flirting, but to Anton the idea of flukes ran much deeper than that. To be perfectly frank, he did not waste his time with woman much - he had his flings, Elizabeth being one of them - but for the most part he was too busy to waste his time on anyone, even if they were rather attractive like the ex-quidditch player was. To him everything in life was a fluke that you did something with. The end result, whatever you got out of it - that wasn't a fluke at all - but what you got to work with... nothing more than chance. A person could look forever for something and never find it, where as someone else could not even be looking for it, and get it. That doesn't mean taht second person has what it takes to make it into something good, nor does it mean that the first person should give up: it just means that there was some element of chance in life and you had to accept that. He thought that he had done a pretty good job of both accepting that, and using that fact to his advantage as much as possible, "Well that's a shame. Maybe you just aren't looking at them in the right way."

He tilted his head to look at the barkeep as the woman ordered the same drink as him, a slow smirk crossing his features as he looked up at the room again, and met the gaze of a few of the men who were now slinking away. From the way that she was talking, there was a good chance that she was going to end as disinterested in him as he was with everyone else, but he was alright with that. As long as she was talking now, there was something to do - and you never knew with these things. Besides, if nothing else, Anton had won for the moment. It might not have been a competition he had intended to enter in, but he do so enjoy winning, no matter what it was.

"Of course I do. People are never as complicated as they are made out to be."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPGD Topsites RPG-D the Greater Good
skinned by lauz of shine and candyland couture.