Ciar Whelan
 Posted: Jun 21 2015, 10:42 PM
N/A
Viper is currently Offline
N/A
N/A
Pro
Group Icon

The Floo flared a brilliant green the instant before a figure appeared in the flames. Stepping out gracefully into the receiving room of the Popov home Ciar would be forever grateful for her parents making sure she could exit a Floo properly, though it was one of the few things she was grateful to them for teaching her. Brushing off her forest green formal robes she cast her eyes around the room, noting minor details here and there that gave her a little better picture of what the family was like.

A well dressed butler came in through the door leading to wait the Lady Whelan assumed was the main foyer. She blinked in surprise. A Pureblood home that had people for help instead of house elves? Remarkable. It wasn't something that she had seen very often before, and her own family only employed humans at the villa in France to help run the vineyard and winery. Pulling herself together from her surprise Ciar realized that the butler was beckoning her to follow him, hopefully to a room that contained the person she had come to see. Following along she was acutely aware of the drumming in her chest as her heart beat faster, the further away from the Floo they walked. A sensation of nervousness flooded the Irish woman's system and a lump seemed to form in her throat. She swallowed thickly as the butler opened a door and bowed her into the cozy room.

Glancing around quickly she was glad to see there was no one else in the room with her. Such a blessing in disguise would give her ample opportunity to reorder her thoughts and get her emotions back under control. This was no different than meeting with any other influential Pureblood family and there was no reason for her nerves to be acting up. She hadn't been nervous about legal affairs since she was fifteen, no need to start now.

"Not every day you go to a place to meet your future wife though," the ex-Hrabrost muttered to herself. "There isn't really an instruction manual on how to woo a woman you've never met." She fiddled momentarily with the family rings on her right hand before stopping herself and smoothing the front of her robes, trying to ensure she cut a dashing figure for a good first impression.
PM
^
Iva Popov
 Posted: Jul 8 2015, 08:57 AM
We all do things we regret
Ivz is currently Offline
Rich
Taken
Neutral
Group Icon

Iva Popov
Iva was running exactly 15 minutes late. The man who she had been meeting with, a business owner who she had business with, had been rambling on and on about trivial things like the weather and his family life. The Russian rolled her eyes at the thought as she rushed down the hallway. If she wasn't so interested in his business she would've just left, but apparently politeness was an important part of partnership.

Iva caught a glance of her reflection in a passing window. Her hair was coiled into a tight bun, adding to the natural serious attitude her face conveyed. She frowned before pulling the bun out. Still not right. She pulled the hair back up into a causal, messier bun. Better; she wanted to appear as if she didn't care. Wouldn't want to give the girl the wrong impression. This whole marriage thing was just a hassle, really. She had much better things to do today.

Reaching the room where her future bride was, the blonde smoothed out her outfit and entered quietly, the only sound her heels tapping on the hardwood floor. The woman standing there seemed nervous. Iva found that strange

"You must be Ciar." she said coolly. "I've been told about you."

PM
^
Ciar Whelan
 Posted: Jul 22 2015, 10:13 PM
N/A
Viper is currently Offline
N/A
N/A
Pro
Group Icon

The Irish Lady resisted the urge to look at the silver pocketwatch currently tucked into the small pocket of her form fitting black vest. Miss Popov was probably just running slightly behind schedule, Ciar had done it herself several times when a business meeting ran longer than anticipated. Her ears pricked up as the enhanced wolf hearing from her Animagus form alerted her to footsteps approaching from outside the door. Her body turned automatically to face the door as it opened to reveal a beautiful looking woman with her hair up in a messy bun that seemed to tease Ciar's fingers into wanting to let it down.

Swallowing thickly the Whelan Head shoved away her sudden lust and schooled her features into one of genuine pleasure. She approached the other woman and bowed respectfully, fingers closing around one of Iva's hands and lifting to her lips to place a chaste kiss to the back. Releasing her light grip and returning to an upright position Ciar allowed a small smile to quirk at the corners of her lips.

"I am indeed Ciar and it is very much the name I prefer you call me. For formalities sake allow me to introduce myself properly." She gave another quick bow, this one a good deal more dramatic than the first. "I am the Lady Ciar Whelan, Head of House Whelan and House Hufflepuff, Weaponry Professor and Head of Hrabrost at Durmstrang Academy. I won't bore you with my past achievements and talents as I will admit the list gets to be quite boring."

A small swirl of her hand produced a single red rose in her hand which she then offered to the blonde with a gentle smile. "You, however, are much more interesting Miss Iva. I will admit that your father wasn't very forthcoming in his description about you and the little bit I could glean came over the past few years in the form of your brother, Kyrie. He is a fellow Professor at Durmstrang and my little brother and I often enjoyed having him over for dinner to ensure he remembered to eat. I admit that I look forward to learning more about the woman beneath the beauty."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPGD Topsites RPG-D the Greater Good
skinned by lauz of shine and candyland couture.