take a bite of my heart tonight
Karma is currently Offline
Herbology Professor
Ollie Only Diet
Neutral
Group Icon

Conner

Bennet
Sometimes, when he was in his greenhouse, Ollie just left him alone. It wasn't that either didn't want to be around the other, or anything like that, it was simply that as two separate people, there were some days when they would both start in the library, and Conner would leave to go to the greenhouse, and the vampire would stay. The herbologist liked to tell himself that it was because his boyfriend would get so entranced in the other world, he wouldn't even notice him leave, but there had been enough times the other man had wandered into the greenhouse, nose stuck in some novel or another, and simply sit on the stool Conner always kept for that exact purpose. He knew Ollie never truly was too distracted to not notice him.

Today, however, Conner had commissioned Mrs. Robinson to keep his boyfriend busy. Not so much because he didn't want Oliver around, but that he didn't want the man to catch wind of what he was actually doing. He knew that his vampire would look into the courtyard and notice that he was replanting and rearranging some of the flowers around the space, adding a few here and there, but the man was prone to do this anyway.

No, today he was doing something else entirely.

Gardening was always much more grueling than anyone ever thought. That was why he'd discarded his shirt back when the sun was high in the sky, all that time ago, and why his bare feet were padding along on the cobblestone walkway as he went through the final check and the sun began to disappear beneath the horizon. There were a ton of things that could have been done better, but as a project he had been working on with days of planning beforehand, it was a pretty good feat. It was simply that his Ollie deserved the best quality work, and this was a few hairs short of perfection.

As he rounded the far corner, his stomach grumbled, reminding him that he hadn't eaten since he'd shed his shirt and Mrs Robinson had come out with sandwiches - to Ollie's insistence, no doubt - and he had devoured them like he always did. Still, he had to make it perfect, which is why he paused at the end of the court yard to gently rub the leaf of a new addition between his thumb and forefinger, adding a bit of water to the ground around it.

Perfect. Almost.

PMEmail
^
Oliver Darling
 Posted: Jul 30 2015, 06:24 PM
Time May Change Me
JJeh is currently Offline
Hogwarts Professor
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Oliver Darling
Oliver wasn't sure if Conner and Mrs. Robinson actually thought that they were fooling him or not, but the effort that they were putting into attempting to keep him in the house and away from whatever the other man was doing was down right amusing. It would have been far easier to simply request that Oliver remain in his library, where the greenhouse and most of the lawn where out of view. Then again, that would have meant he was spared the joy of watching the two humans scutter around as if they could keep a secret from the one being in the building that could hear everything they did at just about any distance.

Still, the idea of being surprised, and just general respect for Conner's wishes were enough for him to keep his ears to himself this time. Or at least... it was enough to keep him from listening to everything that was going on around him. He was still required to listen, and make sure that everything remained as it was supposed to. Not even the temptation of actually being surprised could keep him from making sure that nothing had gone wrong with the other man. Oliver would never forgive himself if he failed to listen close enough for that.

As the sun began to lower in the sky, twisting the shadows the room so they were facing the opposite way that they had been at the start, Oliver felt as if he had waited long enough. Perhaps the surprise was not quite at the point that Conner desired it to be, but he had spent all day without getting into the other man's hair and he felt as if his patiences deserved some reward. It was easy for him to sneak down the stairs on the opposite side of the house, avoiding Mrs. Robinson with a skill that proved just how much he had allowed the others to cage him. Once outside he turned his gaze to the sun, flexing his limbs almost as if he could feel the heat of the thing, before moving towards the sounds Conner was making. Once the other was in sight, Oliver stopped. He supposed if Conner wished for him to stay away just a little while longer he might be convinced to do so.

"Oh Conrad," He sung out, hsi lips twitching upward in clear amusement, "Am I allowed to come out now?"

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Conner Bennett
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 11:37 PM
Herbology Professor
Ollie Only Diet
Neutral
Group Icon

Conner

Bennet
"Ollie!" The man spun, resting his hip back against the raised wall that served as a sort of niche for plants, a smile growing on his previously displeased expression. "Where have you been all day?" The words are teasing, as Conner full well knows that Oliver knows why they haven't seen each other all day. Pushing away from the wall, the herbologist pads his way over to his boyfriend, a goofy grin that shows the effect that name always has on him only spreading when he gets his eyes on the vampire.

It had only been a few hours, but as far as this summer went, it had been an eternity. Which was why Conner wrapped his arms around Oliver's waist and pressed his lips to the potionmaster's without any preamble, standing on his tip toes to deepen it. It was ridiculous to miss Ollie this much when he'd been the main reason they had been apart, but still, that didn't make him miss him any less.

He had been super duper careful not to say any of his plan out loud. What he had told Mrs. Robinson was that he needed Ollie out of the garden while he did this and that, but the details of why he was replanting the garden and the small basket he retrieved after he pulled himself - slowly, and reluctantly - away from his boyfriend, were unspoken. So while he was sure Oliver had heard all about the picnic he had planned, and even the very special checkered blanket he was settting out on the grass in the center of all the newly planted additions to the garden, the vampire wouldn't know the surprise until it happened, and that was the goal.

"Come sit with me, Ollie." He said, placing the small basket of food before him and completely ignoring the fact that the garden was growing darker with each passing minute, a testament to the sunset that lit the sky in beautiful colors. "You can even share some super great strawberries with me." He sang, drawing out the name of the fruit in so it sounded more like 'straaaaawberrieeeees' than something any rational fully grown man would say. Conner, however, was rarely rational, and an argument could be made for whether he was fully grown.

PMEmail
^
Oliver Darling
 Posted: Aug 22 2015, 08:38 AM
Time May Change Me
Hogwarts Professor
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Oliver Darling
The vampire gave a low chuckle at the man's question, the sound floating through the air filling it with the special quiet amusement that Oliver seemed to be able to possess. Of course Conner was teasing, but that didn't mean that Oliver couldn't let the tease have one of it's desired affects - it made him amused, "Oh here and there. I think I should be asking where you have been all day. You're the one who disappeared all so mysteriously."

It was all part of the charade he continued to play with the herbologist day in and out. The one where they pretended he was as normal as the other man - on some level it was ridiculous and at least Oliver knew it (he could never be sure just how aware of this fact Conner was) but he continued on with it because... Well he supposed it was part of the reason that Conner had always been such a draw for him. When he was around the other man he felt again. He felt happy, sad, even angry sometimes (though he had not felt that in a long while). It didn't matter if it was good or bad, as long as he was feeling something. As long as he was feeling something, Oliver felt more human again, and when it got right down to it that was all that he had ever really wanted.

It had just taken him way too long to find it.

So no matter if it was ridiculous to pretend that his hearing and sight went as far as an average human's and no further, Oliver was going to continue it, because just like the glasses he wore for no apparent reason, these small things made Oliver feeling more normal. Really, when one thought about it, wasn't everyone just trying to feel normal, in some way?

Walking across the space that was still between them, Oliver sat down, folding his long body gracefully onto the ground and gave the other man an amused grin, "Well how can I resisted strawberries," he teased dragging out the word just as Conner had a few moments before, a soft chuckle following filling the air the same way that his last one had done, "Though I think there's something here that I find more enticing than even strawberries."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Conner Bennett
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 11:59 AM
Herbology Professor
Ollie Only Diet
Neutral
Group Icon

Conner

Bennet
"I've been right here!" Conner said, giving a small pout. "I haven't gone anywhere all day because I had to be sure your surprise was done on time." The motion to wipe his forehead with the back of his hand was automatic, and he didn't even notice that it left a smear across the skin there. It had happened countless times, but when Ollie was in front of him Conner could never seem to focus as well with anything else. That was simply the nature of being in love - for the herbologist, it was simply becoming aware of a world past himself. It was easy for him to set his ego aside for his boyfriend, easier that growing a full healthy garden.

He didn't notice the state of his hands until he reached for the vampire's face, and caught sight of the dirt covered thing. His expression turned sheepish as he moved to brush the stuff off on his jeans.

"There's nothing better than strawberries, silly." He said, offering the basket out of politeness before popping one into his own mouth. It was sweet tasting and juicy, and he couldn't help but close his eyes, letting out a soft sound of happiness as it went over his tongue. It had taken months to get his strawberries to ripen, especially since he'd had to start this garden over from scratch when they'd completed their mini-breakup. He would forever love Meanie for many reasons, but at the moment it would definitely be because she saved his strawberries from him.

"Hey, you." He said, after a moment, once the fruit was safely on its way down his throat. "I love you."

PMEmail
^
Oliver Darling
 Posted: Oct 7 2015, 12:09 PM
Time May Change Me
Hogwarts Professor
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Oliver Darling
Oliver gave a small laugh as the man started to reach for him, but noticed the state of his hands instead. The bemused look that had appeared on his face at the first sight of this dirt, had already morphed into a quietly dopey expression by the time that he leaned forward, and gently brushed his own hand across the side of the man's face, removing the dirt that had been sitting there for a number of minutes now, "You missed a spot, love."

There was a warmth that was hard to contain when Conner was around, and considering the fact that Oliver had spent a very long time surrounded by nothing but cold, it was an addicting feeling. Every so often, when the other man was gone, fiddling in his garden and there was enough distance that Oliver felt safe to dwell in his thoughts without becoming caught, he would wonder if it was a dangerous addiction. An addiction that he should drop before it became too much for either of them, however the thing about addictions was that you could not simply drop it no matter how practical that it might be.

"If you say so," Oliver replied with a chuckle as he watched the man eat the fruit that he could not taste. It had been a long time since this fact had truly bothered him. There would always been a small pang of disappointment every time that the thought occurred to him, yet it was not something that he was going to dwell on either. To him, especially now, there was more enjoyment in watching Conner revel in the taste, than he would ever get in tasting the object himself. That had to be enough, and most days it was. "I love you too." Reaching across the space that was between then, Oliver casually placed his hand over top of Conner's before looking around him, a curious look on his face, "Did you truly keep me indoors all of the day to keep me from strawberries? Or am I simply missing the rest of the reason?"

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Conner Bennett
 Posted: Nov 27 2015, 09:43 PM
Herbology Professor
Ollie Only Diet
Neutral
Group Icon

Conner

Bennet
Conner's face reddened slightly as Ollie's fingers moved across his skin, wiping the dirt he had - inevitably, it seemed - missed. "Whoops." He mumbled, mild for a moment before bouncing back, holding Ollie's hands in his and intertwining their fingers. There was something here he loved, something about the feeling of hands in his that he had never truly thought about before Ollie. Of course, occasionally the vampire would suggest that Conner was missing out on something, warmer hands and beating hearts and lungs that actually needed oxygen, but that was neither here nor there. The fact remained that all the beating hearts and warm hands and necessary breathing in the world wouldn't equal his love for his vampire, and that those things were just details added onto the whole.

Oliver Darling was what he was in love with, the fact that he was a vampire was neither here nor there.

"No..." Conner adjusted the way he was sitting, so that for once he wasn't lounging backward or looking all too casual. For once in his life it looked like he was holding his own weight, sitting up straight, eyes bright and nervous. "I uh... okay. Hang on, I practiced this." And he had, while he was gardening, gone over the words over and over, trying to figure out what the perfect words were.

"We're from different worlds, Ollie." Was where he started, where he knew he had to start, without that, none of this makes sense. "You are from a time I can only imagine, and read about. I'm from the present, I've been alive only a fraction of the time you have. You're much more reserved, much more conscious of what's around you, and your vision and strength is much more than mine is, for the time being..." He takes a breath, but before the potionmaster could interrupt, the herbologist was talking again. "But... I love you. And you love me, and so all of that doesn't really matter. I mean- it matters, of course it matters- but the fact remains that every part of you is a part I love, even that creature-of-the-night part." He gave a smile, running his knuckles along Ollie's jawline, aware of the way the last rays of sunlight were starting to disappear over the horizon.

"We are different, and that's not a problem, you know? Because we're the same where it counts. We both have hearts and both can love- and that's beautiful. And so, to celebrate that, the way that things are the same and yet beautifully different... Look." He gestured, the last word barely more than a whisper, and as the last ray of sunlight disappeared over the horizon, the garden around them came to life.

The flowers that were beautiful in the daylight transformed, some that seemed to be about the bloom bloomed just then, glowing a variaty of bright colors. The ones closest to them were a deep indigo, but further down, golds and bright scarlets appeared as well, vibrant greens and oranges, with violets scattered throughout. The darker the night became, the brighter the garden grew, until the whole place was brightly lit.

"This is how I feel about you, Ollie." He said softly, breathless with how beautiful it all turned out. "I know I'm not really... good... about talking about how I feel all time, but... it's like this. In the daylight, it's normal looking, beautiful, but not particularly breathtaking, regular. But if you see it in the right light... It's beautiful. Just like this. Just like you." He gave a bright smile, before pressing a kiss to Ollie's hand. His next words were unbelievably shy.

"Do you like it?"

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPGD Topsites RPG-D the Greater Good
skinned by lauz of shine and candyland couture.