Dating
Neutral
Group Icon

I can never leave the past behind
Marianne Delancy
yay
a
thread
One of the things about working at the school she'd been educated in was that it was always flooded with memories. Sometimes this was a good thing. There was nothing wrong with a few memories about the party of childhood that had been great. But sometimes, she found herself remembering parts she'd much rather forget. Today, it wasn't memories from her childhood that her bothering her, though.

Today, the memories were much more recent.

Letting out a sigh, Marianne tugged her coat a little tighter around her in the cool fall weather. She missed her head of house job. It was, in the grand scheme of things, something very small to miss. It had been more responsibility and more work, but she'd liked being able to keep an eye on the students of her house.

There was a small part of her that couldn't stop doing it, but this time she kept her mouth shut. It was better this way. Less parents would get angry at her if she didn't tell them that she couldn't stand the things they said. At the end of the day, bullying was bullying and she wouldn't stand for it, no matter how justified someone said it was.

Gritting her teeth together, she kicked at a bunch of leaves on the ground. She just wanting things to go back to the way things were. Unfortunately, that wasn't about to happen and she just felt like she'd given up her one chance to actually make some sort of change. Sighing softly, she shook her head and continued to absently wander through the forest.

PM
^
Oliver Darling
 Posted: Dec 7 2014, 06:12 PM
Time May Change Me
JJeh is currently Offline
Hogwarts Professor
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Oliver Darling
France had always been a place that interested Oliver. It was one of the first places that he explored outside of his own country - seeing as it was one of the closest it made scene - and it had always interested him how a place could be similar and yet very different from the place that he called home. Eventually he expanded that curiosity and interest to the rest of the world as well - there were few places that Oliver had not manged to visit at least once in his long life - but France always held something special to him because it was that first place. It was the place where he realized just how different his life had become, and possibly for a good reason.

When he had just been Oliver Darling, a poor and awkward servant to the Bertram family, he had no hope of seeing anything outside of their -admittedly vast - property. But Oliver Darling, the immortal had so much more freedom, at least in the choices of where he would go. He had vowed never to get carried away with his ideas of freedom - but this was something that he was happy to allow himself to have. And every time he came to France he remembered that - he remembered that there was something,, even small, to be gained from this life, and so he often returned to the country more often than he did to other places.

It might seem particularly strange that he would decide to go walking in the French wood now, given the way that the world was, and just what people thought of his kind (and therefore him) however he thought that it was worth the risk. He needed some space from Hogwarts in order to collect his thoughts and remember his priority. Those walls were affecting him more than he cared to admit. Ollie was a creature of habit - two hundred years was a long time to form a habit.

However, he might have calculated for risk, but based on his reaction when he almost ran into a young woman, it was clear that he did not actually expect to find anyone out in the woods at that time of year, and that time of day. Oliver became so flustered as he attempted to back away from her without being seen at all - for he had noticed her before she had noticed him - that he managed to trip over his own feet and fall to the ground, his glasses bouncing of his face as he did so.

Wasn't he supposed to have reflects against this? Oliver sighed and started trying to find his glasses. Leave it to him to be the only klutzy vampire in the world.

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Marianne Delancy
 Posted: Dec 8 2014, 09:05 PM
treat others the way you want to be treated
Savvy is currently Offline
Beauxbatons Professor
Dating
Neutral
Group Icon

Marianne Delancy
yay
a
thread
The walk made her feel a little bit better. Not by much, seeing as she'd be reminded of what she'd given up almost the moment she found herself back inside the palace, but at least for the moment it wasn't a constant worry running through her head. Nature managed to distract her. Taking a deep breath, a smile flitted across her face. It always made her feel better to be outside.

She jumped slightly, snapped out her thoughts at the sound of someone falling. Snapping her gaze down to the path in front of her, Marianne blinked down at the man before moving closer to him, eyebrows knitting together in worry. "Are you okay? You aren't hurt, are you?"

Glancing around them once she realized that he was searching for something, her gaze fell on a pair of glasses a few feet away. With a wave of her wand, his glasses flew into her outstretched hand. Kneeling down beside him, she held the glasses out to him. "These are yours, right? I would assume so because you're looking for something and glasses would make some amount of sense."

PM
^
Oliver Darling
 Posted: Dec 9 2014, 08:31 PM
Time May Change Me
Hogwarts Professor
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Oliver Darling
Oliver sucked in a long slow breath, before letting it out and attempting to pull himself to his feet with whatever amount of dignity that he had left. Which given the situation he was fairly certain that he had next to none left. The only thing that he felt was redeeming himself at this moment, or at the very least the only comfort that he had was the fact that apparently she had not figured out what he was yet. Merely being a klutzy human seemed less embarrassing than being a klutzy vampire. Seriously? How did he manage to have the world's best reflexes and still trip over his own feet? It was tragic really. Someone should probably just stake him now.

"I can assure you that I am quite fine thank you. It takes a lot more than merely tripping over my feet to injury myself these days. The only thing that I worry about now is my pride. It has certainly taken a blow that will take a lot to recover from, I am sure."

Straightening his clothes, Oliver attempted to make himself look a little more presentable before he looked up and gave a bashful grin. His glasses... Well he wouldn't have actually been lost with out them, but he would have felt lost. The bite had fixed his vision long ago, but Oliver had never gotten used to the idea of just not wearing his glasses. He couldn't... well he couldn't let go of them. So he had simply found a pair with no prescription, and been wearing them ever since - changing only with the fashion of the world.

"They are mine. Thank you. I would... hate to lose these."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Marianne Delancy
 Posted: Dec 10 2014, 10:23 PM
Beauxbatons Professor
Dating
Neutral
Group Icon

Marianne Delancy
why
do i
have tags
Straightening up as well, Marianne's lips curved upwards in amusement. "I think your pride'll recover quickly. As far as I can tell, I'm the only one who saw and I assure you, your secret's safe with me." Clumsy had never really been a phase she'd went through. Admittedly, she wasn't exactly graceful, but she'd always found herself comfortably in the middle. As long as she wasn't tripping and face planting in front of her students, she was fine with it. Marianne could do without that sort of embarrassment.

"You're welcome. They're nice glasses," she complimented, returning the smile. Her gaze flitted across his face absently. "How bad is your vision, if you don't mind me asking? I couldn't imagine being unable to see very well." Maybe it was because her job so intensely involved the use of her eyes. She needed them to grade and to make sure what magical beast she'd brought in for class for the day wasn't about to escape and make her give chase.

"So what brings you out here? Other than the direction your tripping takes you, of course." She couldn't help the grin that crossed her face and automatically tried to quell it. She really shouldn't tease someone she'd known for barely a minute. All it did was make her feel like she spent a little too much time with Roul. She ducked her head at that train of thought, the grin returning full force.

PM
^
Oliver Darling
 Posted: Dec 15 2014, 10:16 AM
Time May Change Me
Hogwarts Professor
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Oliver Darling
"Well that knowledge has certainly done a lot to save my pride. Though it will still have to recover from the fact that you saw me in the first place. My inability to stay on me feet was supposed to be a life long secret," Oliver chuckled lightly, before pushing his now returned to him glasses up his nose and merely fidgeting in general. It seemed when it came to conversations, Ollie could only continue them eaisly for as long as he forgot he was talking to someone. The second that reality set in, and he realized there was another person before him, one who could hear and see him, he became just the slightest bit awkward again.

He resisted the urge to sigh at himself - really, why did it have to be so hard just to be himself?

He glanced down at his feet at her next question, a soft "oh" escaping his lips, before he was um-ing and attempting to decide the best way to answer that question. He had no real problem with people knowing the truth about him - what was the point of hiding something that was so central to how he was these days? That being said, it was not a normal thing to state. How did you even go about saying that? Oh I'm a vampire, and my sight is perfect, but I wore glasses in life. My now dead boyfriend liked them too much for me to get rid of them, and now I'm just too used to it even if I did get over him, I couldn't lose my glasses. Again, Oliver resisted the urge to now snort at himself. Yeah that was going to go over perfectly. If the vampire bit did not freak her out, than the clearly insane part was going to do it for sure.

He settled on telling her a version of the truth, "My eye sight is not as bad as one might think. I can still make out shapes and colours without my glasses... they are just rather fuzzy shapes and colours. And lord, do not ask me to read anything. That is never going to happen."

Oliver gave a small chuckle and then an easy smile. It would be impossible to tell that it had been at least a fraction of a lie - though as Oliver was telling himself now, it wasn't even really a lie. It was what his eyesight had been like ... about two hundred years ago. He had just left out the part where he had been bitten by an immortal creature and all his physical imperfections had disappeared.

Too bad that bite had done nothing for his personality.

"other than my tripping?" Oliver returned her grin slightly, showing he was not bothered by the teasing, though if he could still blush he would be doing that in spades by now, "I wanted a break from my current scenery - France had always been a... special sort of place to me. I figured that this was as good a place as any to attempt to distract myself with, for at least a little while."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Marianne Delancy
 Posted: Dec 16 2014, 10:32 PM
Beauxbatons Professor
Dating
Neutral
Group Icon

Marianne Delancy
bleh
a
Marianne grinned. "I'd offer to obliviate myself, but I'm sure I'd manage to horribly screw it up." Mind Arts had been awful. As soon as she'd been able to drop the course after OWLs, she'd taken it. Marianne simply wore her heart and her feelings on her sleeve. Mental magic was simply not her forte. No matter how hard she tried, shielding her thoughts - or really being able to have a very conscious effect on them - was something she found extremely difficult. "Wouldn't want me to forget my name as well, now would we?"

Expression becoming amused at his reaction, she gave her head a small shake. While she'd never fully become a very extroverted person, her introversion had never made her shy. Maybe she wasn't a very talkative person, but she didn't think she could have survived if she was shy. Her older sister was simply so upbeat and loud that if Marianne had been shy, she would have been dragged out of her shell before she'd even understood the meaning of the word.

She laughed along with him. "I'll keep that in mind." At the comment about France, her expression softened. "It really is special, isn't it? There's something about France that's just magical - and I don't mean actual magic." Paris at night, for example, was gorgeous. And when it was Christmastime? There was a reason it was called the city of lights. "I love taking walks through Palaisvue. It takes my mind off of school - I'm a professor at Beauxbatons - and being in the village has always been a great way for me to clear my head. There's so much to see and do that a few hours here are a great way to distract myself."

PM
^
Oliver Darling
 Posted: Jan 21 2015, 11:11 AM
Time May Change Me
Hogwarts Professor
Single
Pro
Group Icon

Oliver Darling
Oliver gave a soft laugh and shook his head, "I think we can manage without you doing that to yourself. I would hate to have to have your addled brains on my conscious as well. I think that would make me far worse of a person than I wish to be at this point in my life. Maybe one day I'll change my mind but not today."

He shook his head at his own lame attempt at a joke. Oliver had never considered himself a someone funny and he did not think that that was a fact that had ever changed about him. Yet despite this fact once he was faced with a person he seemed to resort to trying to change who he was anyway. It was as if he thought that his lame jokes were better than no jokes - right up until he said one and then he realized the error of his ways. Did he honestly think that sounding like an idiot was better than just not being funny?

He should just keep his mouth shut and go back to avoiding people as much as possible. Still at least she seemed to be nice enough - that was better than nothing he supposed. Barely.

"There is certainly something captivating about being here. Though I cannot deny it might just be a personal association that I have with the place. If I did not have my own memories, my own feelings I am not convinced that I would feel exactly the same as I do now. Then again, can't you argue that that is the way it is with everything?" Oliver gave a thoughtful frown, mostly thinking aloud rather than attempting to carry on a full conversation. But it if it made a conversation then what difference did it really make? "I teach at Hogwarts... I know, I am a long way from home so to speak but.... sometimes you just need a change of scenery."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Marianne Delancy
 Posted: Jan 24 2015, 12:46 PM
Beauxbatons Professor
Dating
Neutral
Group Icon

Marianne Delancy
la
la
la
"Easy enough thing to agree to," she said with a grin and incline of her head. Besides, she had a number of good reasons to keep her brain fully functioning. She'd much prefer to be able to continue with teaching and such a thing was much easier if she still had her wits. She still wanted to be able to recognize the people who mattered to her, from her family to Gwen. It wouldn't do if she accidentally wiped every memory she had since childhood.

Marianne tilted her head at his words, nodding slightly. "If we didn't make personal associations with anything, it'd be a lot harder to get joy out of the places that've made us happy. But at the same time, it also makes it much harder to feel unhappy in the places we've been sad." It was why even years later, she still hadn't worked up the courage to return to the same London streets she'd been attacked in. One day, she was sure she'd be able to, but that day was simply not today.

"Oh, you're a professor too?" Her eyes lit up, a grin spreading across her face. What were the chances of that? "I'm the Magical Beings professor." She needed to physically bite down on her tongue to keep herself from adding that she was the Head of Prideux. She needed to keep reminding herself that she didn't have that added title anymore. It was for the best, really. She had less work now and more time to focus on planning her lectures. By the end of last year, all the added job had done to her was add stress to her life and she'd never been particularly good at handling stress.

It failed to gel well with her propensity to panic.

"What is it that you teach?"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPGD Topsites RPG-D the Greater Good
skinned by lauz of shine and candyland couture.