Anton Bykova
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 03:43 PM
The world runs on Power
JJeh is currently Offline
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

There was something about bad news that just made Anton happy. And the fact that it was bad news only to the person that he was giving it to gave him enough joy to add a bounce to his step. Juliet Dawson did not have any power at this point in time, she was nothing more than a pain in the side, but Anton was not the sort of man that underestimated people. She was smart, and she had been well trained. Madisen Lewis was a smart woman, and would have made sure her apprentice was just as capable as herself. That after all was the point of an apprentice. At the time, Juliet had been doing nothing but finding ground in order to fight everything Cyrus, and of course himself, did, but if she had been allowed, Anton was sure she would have taken any opportunity to undermine their movements. While Anton was sure he could have dealt with her if she had truly become a problem, why would you look a gift horse in the mouth? She had run into the fire and failed to come out. She had solved his problem for him.

All in all, he would say that this had been a good day. And why not top off a good day with passing along the bad news, and watching it affect the person in general. He really did enjoy laughing at the way that others responded to pain. If they merely stopped themselves from getting so attached to things, then they wouldn't be bothered by lost. Sure Anton had things that he cared about, but even within that they were all disposable. If it came to it, it would always be him over them and that mentality made him perfectly capable of shrugging off their loss as if they had been nothing more than a faulty pen.

It did not take him long to discover that Mr. Dawson would still be at work - he kept tabs on all of his employees and anyone that meant anything to them - and it only took a few questions and a few "I"m the head auror" to locate the man. In which he cleared his throat and took a small step towards him, "Healer Dawson?"

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Alexander Dawson
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 08:30 PM
Love Conquers All
Karma is currently Offline
Lupin's Healer
Married
Pro
Group Icon

Zander had finally made the decision to leave. St Mungo's had been his employer for a long time now, and whilst it provided great experience, he couldn't sit here and allow them to continually turn people who honestly needed their help away. The Italian had grown into a helpful and talented young man, husband and a soon-to-be-father-of-two. He couldn't allow himself to further become someone he wouldn't want his children to grow up to be.

That was why he went from room to room, talking to the mediwitches and healers alike about having his space replaced. He was leaving, he kept saying, he was going to go put his talents to other uses. Julie was having her baby, he explained, and that meant he would have to be more free anyway. He had a family to think of, and other personal patients to care for, and the hospital was not his place anymore.

It was hardest saying goodbye to the children. To do this, he would have to wash his hands of the place completely, even if that meant leaving his favorite patients behind. They would write him, they promised, with big smiles. They would never forget their Mister Ander. It made him a little teary eyed to think about.

But here he was, in the breakroom, fishing around in the cabinet for his mug to add it to the box that now held the complete contents of his locker. His mind wandered to his wife, and he gave a soft smile. She would be proud, he thought, that he was finally leaving here. Julie would smile and tell him that it was about time he got on the right side, she'd punch him softly on the arm or give him a kiss when he told her about how the children said goodbye and how he'd miss them. His hand went to his breast pocket, where the mirror was safe against his heart. He'd tell her when she got home, he knew her work schedule must be hell with the fire. He had heard some ministry officials had actually started the thing, but Zander knew his Julie well enough to know she'd never do anything like that.

In fact, she'd probably try to help as much as she could, once she knew about it. An inkling of unease shot through his stomach, but he ignored it. He would have seen her there. Well... not particularly. The slums were a big place, and with all that going on he had been more focused on helping those at Lupin's, whilst Julie would have been heading evacuation of homes or extinguishing fires or something like that.

Still, it was a surprise to hear his name, especially in that voice. He had met his wife's boss enough times to know that he was not the sort of person that made social calls without some internal plot, but Zander was never impolite to the man. "Auror Bykova." He greeted, placing his mug in the box before giving the man a charming smile. "What can I do for you?"

Alexander Dawson
PMEmail
^
Anton Bykova
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 09:08 PM
The world runs on Power
JJeh is currently Offline
Head Auror
Single
Anti
Group Icon

"Going somewhere?" The head auror's voice was causal as he moved his gaze towards the box that the man was holding. He of course already knew the answer to this. One of the people who he had directed him in this direction had also felt the need to add the information that Dawson had just decided to quit. It seemed that he decided that it was time to focus on his 'family'. Anton did love a healthy dose of irony. Though he did have his suspicions of that if this was the kind of man who would marry Juliet would not have taken kindly to the fire and everything that followed. Surely this establishment turned out all of the injured creatures just as it had been turning out creatures for months.

Really, Anton had been privately taking beats on how long it would take Mr. Juliet to quit his current job and move on to something that was more... world loving, or whatever it is those two would like to do. Well, at least now he had more time to focus on saving the precious creatures that in directly caused the loss of his wife. Surely that would comfort him. Anton was pretty sure that he was going to take the brunt of the blame, actually, but he was alright with that. Whatever made people sleep happily at night.

"It's actually what I can do for you. Or I am not sure that I am doing anything for you, at least not anything you want. Though someone always has to be the barer of bad news." Anton softened his voice, and lowered his head to look at his feet. Without being able to see his face, he actually did manage to sound as if he were truly saddened to be giving the news he had elected himself to give. "I am sure, seeing the job that you have, and the way that information moves about, that you have heard of Minister Drake's orders for the slums. I am not proud to have carried them out, however one must do their job, even if they are working for someone who is less than stable. However, my life choices are not what I am here to talk about. I requested all aurors to arrive at the slums, your wife being one of them. I am sure you are aware of the sort of woman that you married, so I do not think it'll come as a surprise to you when I tell you she refused to do the job at hand, and took off for the intended victims instead. I tried to warn her that it was not safe however... She never did return from the flames, and there is a family of wolves who are spreading a story that an auror fitting your wife's description became trapped in their home well getting them out. The building did collapse - I cannot say that anyone has found her body, but at this point in our search we are forced to assume everyone who has not come out by now is in fact... dead."

Anton paused for a moment, allow that news to sink in before he looked up, "I do not wish to give hope where there is not any, but there is no body and you may decide what you wish with that information. Though if it does come to the worse, I am sure a man like you would appreciate the knowledge that she got everyone else out of the house before it fell. I'm sorry."

PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPGD Topsites RPG-D the Greater Good
skinned by lauz of shine and candyland couture.